In India Cricket is the religion of the country and Sachin Tendulkar is the God of the entire nation. Taking retirement from the international cricket after achieving all the accolades a batsman should have he still is and always will be a phenomenon in India. Here’re 25 Sachin Tendulkar Facts.
1. Starting from his name, it was kept by his father after the veteran music director Sachin Dev Burman.
2. While growing up, Sachin used to grow his hair tied with a band to resemble his idol John McEnro.
3. Sachin shifted his focus on batting after getting advice from Dennis Lille. He intended to be a fast bowler.
4. He loved to have ‘vada pavs’ competitions with his childhood buddies Vinod Kambli and Salil Ankola.
5. Having a nag of eating sea foods he owned a restaurant famous for seafood dishes.
6. He is a worshipper of Ganesha and hence loves to visit the Siddhi Vinayak temple inmorning times, very often.
7. The legend is an extreme fan of Kishore Kumar songs and also loves to listen to the rock band named Dire Straits.
8. Sydney Cricket Ground is one of his favorite grounds with lots of runs here.
9. He always wore the left pad first and put tri-color in kitbag as well as the helmet.
10. Interestingly, his mastermind remembered each of the dismissal and the bowler names.
11. Though he is a right-handed batsman, he eats and writes with the left hand.
12. Mixing glucose biscuits in tea and have them with a spoon, is a strange habit of Sachin.
13. Long drives with his cars in the highways of Mumbai, is favorite for Sachin, in spare times.
14. After falling down from a tree his brother cum guide Ajit Tendulkar sent to him to cricket coaching classes as punishment.
15. After returning from a four-month long 1992 World Cup, he appeared to play for Kirti College.
16. Without a bat contract, he was the highest run-getter in 1996 world cup.
17. In 1987 World Cup, he was a ball boy in the match played between India and Zimbabwe.
18. Sachin became a fan of Amitabh Bachchan after seeing Zanjeer and Deewar.
19. As a substitute, he fielded for Pakistan in a one-day practice match at Brabourne stadium in 1988.
20. Praveen Amre gave him the first pair of International shoes to play with.
21. He was a bully in school days. But, he’d got enough affection towards the cats and dogs.
22. He once made his mother looking for Frog Fry recipe.
23. His coach Ramakanth Achrekar used to offer a one-rupee coin to those who could get Sachin out. Upon remaining not out, the coin would belong to him. He still has those bunch of coins intact.
24. In school days, Atul Ranade thought him a girl for his curly hairs.
25. He loved to go catching fishes and tadpoles in the small stream that flows through his apartment compound in the Bandra East, named Sahitya Sahawas.
Please find The Most Man of Matches Award.